Call for Non-Pro Player Articles
ITG members are called upon to submit either a topic proposal or completed article for potential publication in the ITG Journal and/or in the Non-Pro Player (NPP) section of the ITG Website. Additionally, the author may be invited to present the article at a future ITG Conference.
The topic of any submission should be of interest to the typical NPP or specific subgroup.
The ITG definition of NPP is: any trumpet player who does not derive the major portion of their income from performing or teaching trumpet. As such, an NPP's playing expertise may lie anywhere from beginner to that of a highly competent professional player.
Submission guidelines and formatting suggestions are available as a PDF information pack.
Please submit articles or topic proposals to:
Chair, Non-Pro Players Committee
Non-Pro Player Articles written by and for Non-Pro/Comeback Players:
- Care and Feeding Of Your Lip and Skills When Time is Limited by Floyd Friedli
- The Comeback Player by Vern Campbell
- Indelibly Stamped - Lessons learned from Mr. James “Jimmy” Stamp by David Johns
ITG Journal articles reviewed and approved for publication by the Non-Pro/Comeback Players Committee:
- Growing Old Gracefully With the Trumpet: A Guide for the Comeback Player by Donald K. Roeder
- Pulmonary Mechanics: Factors That Initiate and Maintain an Effective Air Stream by David D. Michie
- Redefining Goals: The Older Trumpeter in the Community Orchestra by Barry Rachin
- Motivation and COVID-19 by John Hackett