Welcome to the ITG Affiliate Chapter section. Our 35+ active ITG affiliates represent individual schools, states, geographic regions, and entire countries. In addition to furthering the ITG mission, each affiliate serves professional and amateur trumpeters through various musical and educational activities.
ABOUT AFFILIATE CHAPTERS
- Affiliate Chapters FAQ
- Activity Grant Application
- Link to ITG Official Facebook page
- Chapters List by Location
- 5-8 July 2017: Brazil Trumpet Guild Conference in Natal, Braziil, hosted by Dr. Ranilson Bezerra at the Federal University of Rio Grande de Norte featured national and international guest artists, including Jeroen Berwaerts, Fabinho Costa, Adam Rapa, TrompeteArte, Ayrton Benck, Dr. Jason Bergman, Thiago Araújo, and Dr. Nailson Simoes, for four days of concerts, recitals, masterclasses, lectures, and competitions.
PHOTOS COMING SOON!
1 June 2017: Affiliate Chapters "Showcase" Recital at ITG Conference: Seven ensembles performed for our first conference recital including the affiliate chapters Alabama, Australia, Brazil, Cincinnati, Louisville, Smokey Mountains, and Texas A&M - Kingsville Trumpet Guilds. This will be an annual event, so start planning to play at ITG 2018 in San Antonio. ITG 2017 Affiliates Recital Photos , Video link: Texas A&M - Kingsville performance
- 24 March 2017: Louisiana State University Trumpet Festival, hosted by the LSU Trumpet Guild, featured performances by Brian Shaw (Assoc. Prof. of Trumpet & Jazz Studies), Matthew Vangjel (Asst. Prof. of Trumpet), and the LSU Trumpet Ensemble. Guest artist Gabriele Cassone, soloist and professor at the Conservatory of Novara in Italy, presented a masterclass and adjudicated the solo competition featuring finalists from Texas, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New York. The High School Division winner was Hannah Weber, and the University Division winner was Imani Duhe, a freshman at the Manhattan School of Music.
- 25 March 2017: Indiana Trumpet Guild hosted is inaugural event at the University of Indianapolis, coordinated by Larry Powell. The day's events included performances by trumpet ensembles from the University of Indianapolis and Indiana State University. Lecture-masterclasses were given by Canadian Brass founding member Ronald Romm, Conrad Jones of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, and Scott Belck, author of Modern Flexibilities for Brass. The Romm Family delivered a diverse program of standard brass repertoire to end the day. *Photos at https://picsbylesa.smugmug.com/2017-Trumpet-Guild-IN-Regional/2017-ITG-Regional-UIndy/
- 16-18 January 2017: The Sao Paulo Trumpet Academy was hosted by Sao Paulo Trumpet Guild at Escola Municipal de Musica de Sao Paulo in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Featured artists included Dr. Joseph Van Fleet (Eastern Kentucky University), Dr. Mark DeGoti (Auburn University) and Brazilian artists Altair Martins and Bruno Belascos.
- Affiliate Chapter Committee: Thadeu Silva Filho, Cathy Leach, Cynthia Carrell
- Coordinator contact info:
Dr. Cynthia Thompson Carrell
Harding University Department of Music